One of the most important investment decisions that you can make is the investment in your career.
Enerplus is an execution-focused organization that treats people with dignity and respect. We are a team of over 800 strong that is proud to produce oil and natural gas through our properties in Western Canada and the United States. For the past 28 years, we have strived to achieve exemplary results across all facets of the business. We enable employees to reach their full potential, we are a responsible developer of resources and we give back to the communities where we operate.
Senior Compensation & Benefits Specialist
You’ve spent your career building experience designing and delivering both compensation and benefits programs. Your passion for providing business leaders with high quality advice is matched by your attention to detail and data accuracy. You are seeking a senior advisory role at a company that’s large enough to provide a variety of interesting opportunities, but small enough that you can see the impact of your work. This is a full-time position located in our Calgary office and reports directly to the Team Lead, Compensation & Benefits.
Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
• Design and refine compensation and benefits programs, policies and practices
• Analyze market data to assess the competitiveness of our compensation and benefits programs
• Deliver the annual compensation program, including developing leader guidance and supporting the rating calibration process
• Partner with business leaders and HR colleagues to provide compensation advice and coaching
• Support the senior executive and the Human Resources & Compensation Committee by monitoring and reporting on trends in executive compensation and drafting the Compensation, Discussion & Analysis portion of the information circular
• Develop and deliver employee and leader communication materials to foster better understanding of our various compensation and benefits programs, policies and tools
• Identify and implement strategies to contain costs and mitigate risks within our Canadian and US benefits plans
• Mentor other members of HR
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
• A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in compensation and benefits, including experience in all or most of the following areas: benchmarking, incentive plan design, executive compensation, benefits renewal, wellness program development and execution, and employee communication
• Bachelor degree, preferably in business
• Demonstrated ability to use Excel to create accurate, detailed analysis
• A customer oriented focus with an ability to tailor recommendations to support business needs
• Experience supporting a US subsidiary an asset
• Experience using Workday an asset
You can apply to this opportunity online through our website at jobs.enerplus.com, via the Canadian opportunities section. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.