One of the most important investment decisions that you can make is the investment in your career.
Enerplus is an execution-focused organization that treats people with dignity and respect. We are a team of over 800 strong that is proud to produce oil and natural gas through our properties in Western Canada and the United States. For the past 28 years, we have strived to achieve exemplary results across all facets of the business. We enable employees to reach their full potential, we are a responsible developer of resources and we give back to the communities where we operate.
Position: Corporate Emissions and Sustainability Specialist
The Environment and Sustainability Team requires a Corporate Emissions and Sustainability Specialist to assist in the management of Enerplus’ environmental and sustainability portfolio with a focus on three key attributes: Emissions, Corporate Reporting, and Sustainability & Energy Efficiency.
Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
• Act as a subject matter expert, trusted advisor and project manager in all tasks and programs related to the delivery of air quality and greenhouse gas projects. Serve as a strategic resource on advances in research and emerging policy and regulations related to air pollutants and climate change, and develop programs to mitigate risk and capitalize on opportunities for GHG management and commercialization.
• Coordinate emissions reporting (e.g., NPRI, Glycol Dehydrator Benzene Emissions Inventory (D039), CEPA (GHG), Air reporting for EPEA Approvals, BC GHG and third party GHG verification).
• Management of stewardship and corporate responsibility reporting of environmental performance parameters including, air emissions, water, waste and land use that involves the development and preparation of sustainability data analysis (e.g., CAPP Stewardship, Annual Information Form, MDNA, Carbon Disclosure Project, and Sustainability Report).
Sustainability & Energy Efficiency
• Active coordination and participation in the Energy Performance Working Group to generate, analyze and execute potential initiatives to improve energy, water, emissions and land performance.
• Manage the collation of data on sustainability programs and projects and cost benefit analysis collaborating with Business Partners at their facilities to better understand and optimize sustainability project impacts through the development of a sustainability calculator.
• Direct equipment and facility data quality reviews to enhance energy performance & emissions data across Canada and the United States.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
• Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science or Engineering, Atmospheric Science, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
• 5-10 years of experience in Air Quality compliance and permitting experience.
• 3-5 years of experience in environmental management in the energy industry
• Prior effective Project Management in Environmental Consulting or an Engineering Firm.
• Demonstrated management of air emissions inventories, air recordkeeping, compliance auditing, evaluation of client risk, analysis and recommendation of alternatives for compliance.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills, experience in writing client related correspondence, as well technical documents.
• Relevant work experience on Environmental Canada NPRI, Environmental Compliance and/or Air Quality/Permitting, Alberta EPEA, Alberta Air Quality Modeling Guideline, Alberta Ambient Air Quality Objectives and Guidelines emission inventory.
You can apply to this opportunity online through our website at jobs.enerplus.com via the Careers/Canadian opportunities section. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.