One of the most important investment decisions that you can make is the investment in your career.
Enerplus is an execution-focused organization that treats people with dignity and respect. We are a team of over 800 strong that is proud to produce oil and natural gas through our properties in Western Canada and the United States. For the past 27 years, we have strived to achieve exemplary results across all facets of the business. We enable employees to reach their full potential, we are a responsible developer of resources and we give back to the communities where we operate.
Team Lead, Regulatory
The Safety and Social Responsibility Group has an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual as Team Lead, Regulatory. This is a full-time position in our Calgary office and reports directly to the Manager, Safety and Social Responsibility. The Team Lead, Regulatory is responsible for providing guidance and mentoring to the Regulatory Team members and assist them with coaching other teams within Enerplus to achieve their regulatory compliance obligations. This individual will lead a talented team responsible for the coordination and management of regulatory issues resulting from non-compliances and changing regulations for field operations and operating areas. The Team Lead will also direct proactive compliance by providing support to our business through strategic advice, audits and inspections.
The Team Lead will work closely with multiple functional teams including; Facilities Construction, Asset Integrity, Production Engineering, Environment, Engineering and Canadian Operations to ensure compliance. The ability to communicate within a multi-disciplinary environment and maintain a collaborative, inclusive and engaging team environment is essential in the role.
The Regulatory Team is expected to manage regulatory issues as they arise. The Team Lead, Regulatory develops and maintains both the internal and external relationships with key stakeholders. The Team Lead will work closely with other members of the Regulatory Team and with various individuals and other leaders within our U.S. and Canadian Operations.
Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
• Be the regulatory resource for all stakeholders (regulators, office and field business partners)
• Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with all stakeholders, internal and external
• Proactively strategize and support self-disclosures and action plans for noncompliance issues for our operations (both in Canada and support for our U.S. operations)
• Responsible for all responses and corrective actions of the Regulatory Team specific to questions, concerns, enforcements and appeals
• Lead and coach other members of the Regulatory Team to ensure leadership of compliance issues are managed consistently across the organization
• Ensure audits and inspection training is provided so that regulatory requirements, opportunities and obligations are met
• Provides support for Emergency Response
• 20% travel to sites in Canada and the USA
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
• Minimum 10 years of working knowledge of facility, well and pipeline regulatory requirements, guidelines, codes of practice, and standards for British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan.as well as coupled with best practices in oil and gas. Similar knowledge of US requirements would be an asset
• Demonstrated confidence leading the resolution of noncompliance issues
• Strong ability to work with multiple stakeholders to foster the development of a collaborative team environment that achieves exceptional results
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to display and exercise sound judgment and direction
• Demonstrated leadership, management and organization skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and to handle multiple tasks and initiatives to meet differing and often tight deadlines
You can apply to this opportunity online through our website at www.enerplus.com, via the Careers/Canadian opportunities section. We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.